hmp_khauff
Grammar Comprehension (please check it) I came here in the forum due to have doubts in the following Grammar. Please help to learn the differences. Grammar 1: verb to verb + verb(ing) Question: When do I use the above pattern? Example: She loves to go practicing at the company. Grammar 2: verb + verb(ing) Questions: When do I use the above pattern? Example: I love singing songs in my free time. Grammar 3: verb + it / verb + that. Question: When do I use it? Example: I worked it in the classroom / I worked that in the classroom. Grammar 4: A lot of, lot of, many and much. Question: What's the difference between A lot of / lot of and many / much. Example: There are a lot of people working at the office. Thanks in advance.
2
0
I came here in the forum due to have doubts in the following Grammar. Please help to learn the differences. Grammar 1: verb to verb + verb(ing) Question: When do I use the above pattern? Example: She loves to go practicing at the company. Your example has correct structure but does not make sense. Practice is a noun, the verb is practise. But the structure 'she loves to go dancing at the club,' is correct. Grammar 2: verb + verb(ing) Questions: When do I use the above pattern? Example: I love singing songs in my free time. This is exactly correct. Grammar 3: verb + it / verb + that. Question: When do I use it? Example: I worked it in the classroom / I worked that in the classroom. I don't understand your example. I don't know this one. Grammar 4: A lot of, lot of, many and much. Question: What's the difference between A lot of / lot of and many / much. Example: There are a lot of people working at the office. Lot of is not used on its own. Much is used to describe uncountable nouns: 'I don't have much sugar.' Many describes countable nouns: 'There were many people at the dance.' 'A lot of' usually describes countable nouns.
hmp_khauff