Beck
Common informal Deutsch sayings, can anybody help? x x x I need help with common things you would say everyday like.. "Please?" "Thanks!" (an informal thank you) "How are you?" "What have you been up to?" "I'm bored." "What time is it?" "What does that mean?" + an informal way of greeting instead of 'Hallo' or 'Guten Tag' (if there is one hahah) Thank you so very much x x x
5
0
Please-Bitte Thanks-Danke/Danke schön(informal) How are you?-Wie geht es dir? What have you been up to?-Was hast du angestellt? I am bored-Ich bin gelangweilt oder mir ist langweilig. What time is it?-Wie spät ist es? What does it mean?Was bedeutet das? -In Hamburg 'moin moin' is another way to say hello. -Grüß Gott translates into "may God greet you" and is a way to say hello to everyone in southern Germany.
1. Bitte? 2. Danke! 3. Wie geht's? Wie läuft's? 4. Could either mean "Was hast du angestellt?" or, more likely, "Was hast du so getrieben?" as in "What have you been up to lately?". 5. Rather than "Ich bin gelangweilt", Germans tend to say "Mir ist langweilig". 6. Wie spät ist es? -> More informally, you'd say only "Wie spät?" 7. Was bedeutet das? Was soll das heißen? Was meinst du damit? There are actually a lot of varieties to translate this. There are a lot of ways to say Hello in an informal way. Hey! (most general, used by everybody) Yo! (used my males mostly though) Hi! Na? (implies a little bit of endearment, depends on situation) Heyho! Hallihallo! (kind of cute) Hallöchen! (kind of cute)
"Please?" ''Bitte?'' "Thanks!" (an informal thank you) ''Danke!''/''Danke schön'' "How are you?" ''Wie geht es dir?'' "What have you been up to?" ''Was hast du angestelt?'' "I'm bored." ''Ich bin gelangweilt'' "What time is it?" ''Wie spät ist es?'' "What does that mean?" ''Wass bedeutet das?''
Wow, thank you for the responses, they're great! :D x x x
Beck
English, German
German