kelvinho8
Would it be inappropriate to use or mention words like "ass" in daily business conversation? For example: I don't wanna be a pain in the ass, but you really have to deal with this case.
12 jan 2012 03:05
13
0
You'd be an ass if you did :))
12 januari 2012
I would only use it when talking about donkey's. It think that is what Jura was referring to :)
12 januari 2012
If you said that to me in the workplace, I would laugh and say, "Sure. I'll take care of it." But what you are saying is very informal. A friend or a familiar coworker could get away with it. Or your boss, because he or she is in a higher position than you. However, if I don't know the person I'm speaking to or if he/she is in a higher position than me, then I would rephrase it. The word "ass" can be very offensive, and you don't want to offend people in a higher position or to have them think that you are a low-class kind of guy. "I'm sorry to bother you with this, but could you take care of this case for me?" (And have a good excuse ready for why you can't deal with it. >_<)
12 januari 2012
Good question.Avoid using "ass" in a business conversation. I'll be realistic. I've worked in casual business environments (especially in creative and tech sectors), where saying "pain in the ass" isn't a big deal. I would use that expression unless I hear my own boss say it first.
12 januari 2012
Depends on how close you are with your boss. But generally in any business setting, it's highly unacceptable. The phrase was originally "a pain in the NECK"
12 januari 2012
kelvinho8
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English