Catherine
about the usage of object personal pronoun I wonder whether I should always use object personal pronouns when I want to put a personal pronoun after a linking verb. Like "I want to be him."(Well, I am sure it's right.) (but what about this one? ) "I will become him."(some linking verbs besides "be") Thanks a million!
2
0
Yes. Use the object personal pronoun after such verbs.
The pronoun following a linking verb will always be the object in the sentence, therefore, use the object personal nouns [me / you / him / her / it / us / you / them] Many important verbs do not express action; some verbs can link a noun or an adjective to the subject. This type of verb is called a linking verb. The linking verb connection between the subject to the noun or adjective is something like an equal sign. She is tall. -- She = tall. Verbs that are sometimes used as linking verbs [list may not be complete] appear become feel get go grow keep lie look prove remain resemble run seem smell sound stay taste turn Forms of "to be" are sometimes used as linking verbs is am are was were be being been
Catherine
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese