Rosa
I have two questions please I didn't get the meaning of this sentence : "Tell me all about the wooing and winning" And also, I didn't get the meaning of "bloom to cheek" in the sentence below: "She coloured slightly, and I confess I felt a surge of vanity, as I guessed it was my attentions, and not the earliness of the hour, that had brought the bloom to her cheek"
6
0
Well the bloom to her cheek would mean colour/life associated with excitement. would be like a flower blooming, the excitement spreading over her face. Wooing and winning. Well wooing is trying to win the affections of a woman and i suppose winning, in this sense, could relate to being successful at it.
The 'bloom to her cheek' means that she blushed slightly, like a (red) flower blooming on her face. I'm not sure about the other reference - you don't say where it comes from. However, I would guess that the meaning is to do with wooing a person (usually a man woos a woman, pays her a lot of attention, makes it obvious he would like a relationship with her) and winning means to succeed in the wooing. So, maybe he wooed her, and then proposed marriage and she accepted? I hope this explanation makes sense in the context you found it.
Remember that not every phrase you read in poetry will be useful in modern, conversational English :) But I agree with Karen's answer.
it meaning near you تودد او الفوزyou know
Rosa
Arabic, English, French, Italian, Spanish
English, Italian, Spanish