JoeJoe
About Killing I am a Catholic. Sometimes I think that eating animals is guilty, don't you think that? For example, pigs, they are very tasty, but if we want to eat them, they will die.
39
1
It is an interesting question. I have a good number of friends that are vegetarians and vegans (vegans do not eat any animal product - even eggs or cheese). I try to eat less meat (though I still eat some) for two reasons: First, it is healthier. Second, as far as the world goes, food production could not be maintained if everyone ate as much meat as westerners do. One pound of meat needs many pounds of grain and plants to produce it. It is an inefficient way to feed people and sooner or later we will hit a limit of what the earth can produce. For me it is a matter of logic, not of morality. [Speech over. Sorry for the lecture]
How do you feel about eggs?
What I am bothered with is the mistreating of animals. The conditions they are raised in. That is torture and completely wrong. I will never support mass production of meat during which animals are raised in unhealthy, absolute inhuman conditions just so more money can be made. Every being, animals included, have a right to a decent life. We have no right to keep them in big, stinking, dirty barns and to put a machine over their head to make them eat 24/7. No right. What I am also bothered with, maybe because I am not a religious person, is the fact that we are, after we die, put in a coffin and buried. We often talk about the circle of life and the law of the strongest. The tiger eats the rabbit, then the tiger dies and decomposes, its remains fertilize the grass, and the rabbits eat the grass. I agree with that logic, I do, but where are we in all that? We eat more meat than any animal, but what do we give in return? Nothing! We only destroy the environment and give nothing in return! We are allowed to eat animals, in my opinion, if we, after we die, are used to fertilize the grass. But not like this. What we are doing now is selfish and wrong. This is my opinion, and I am not forcing it on anyone, but please, don't force your religious opinions on me. I will gladly discuss this, but I do not wish to fight.
We should worry about human killing, not animal's......animals were created as food for us:)))))))))))
I am a vegetarian for 15 years and i realy don´t miss eating animals. Sure i had some problems in the first year because i didn´t know how to make a propper meal without meat. But now there are so many ways and so many recipes. I had some friends who didn´t know that i´m a vegetarian and they even didn´t noticed that it wasn´t flesh (soya flesh) what they ate. They realy liked it as i told them. Don´t ask me why i got a vegetarian i realy don´t know anymore. Sure as a vegetarian i feel guilty eating plants too but i don´t like the idea only licking on stones :-)
JoeJoe
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English