Kim
,being that ?? Hi, my name is Kim. I found some sentences while I read a book. Could you explain how these sentences are constructed. Quote 1. He is a little protective, being that my mom's not around anymore. 2. She never does anything nice for me, being that she's in the 11th grade. what is the ",being that" ?? Thank you very much! ^^
7
0
Selina made an excellent point. Also, being that= the actual fact Quote 1. He is a little protective, being [ the fact is ] that my mom's not around anymore. 2. She never does anything nice for me, being[ the fact is ] that she's in the 11th grade.
Usually in academic writing we use 'because' or 'since' . Besides, as mentioned by Jura, you can also use 'the fact is'. I myself would also use 'considering' ( taking into account or keeping in mind or in view of) for the two sentences that you have quoted. 'hwaiting' mr. Kim--> Isn't it that Koreans use this expression instead of 'fighting', right?
Thank you Selina^^ so.. Is that the same as now that blah blah?? You said it couldn't be used in academic writing, then when do you usually use that form?? and what else do you use instead of 'being that'??
I think 'being that' in this context is very similar to 'because' or 'since'. 'Being that' cannot be used in academic writing(formal writing/language).
I think 'being that' in this context is very similar to 'because' or 'since'.
Kim
English, Japanese, Korean