nozturk
What would you say? You're at your friend's place for visiting, and it's late. You want to get up and go home. Is it okay if you say "I should be leaving."? or what would you say?
2
1
You can say a number of things, at least in America. "Gee, where did the time go? Thank you so much for a wonderful night, but I must get going; I have an early day tomorrow." "Your hospitality has been outstanding, but I have to be on my way. I look forward to hosting you the next time." "I am so sorry but the time got away from me and I have to get going. Thanks for a great night." And if you are really good friends, try "Hey buddy, gotta bolt! I have an early one tomorrow. Thanks for a great night."
Usually the serving of coffee/tea indicates that the host has ended the evening. You can say, "That's for a great night. Time for me to go. Thanks again, bye"
nozturk
English, Turkish