Adri
What do you think about the world without free knowledge? Today I read that the bill SOPA and PIPA threatens the Wikipedia in all languages In Twitter the subject more talked is #DayWithoutWikipedia What do you think?
6
0
These laws are not only affecting Wikipedia, such a great site, but many other sites are threaten too, that is why many of them are against, such as Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Google to say the least. However, sites outside U.S. will also be threaten. I have many thoughts on this regard, one is for sure, Internet will be spoiled for all of us, by having an easy tool to shutdown websites that US government just sees as harmful. Which brings me back to last year and the Cablegate scandal, formerly known as Wikileaks. If this bill passes in the U.S. Congress, they will be given the fully right to seek International justice against websites like Wikileaks wherever in the world they are based, since the bill clearly says "Foreing sites too" (http://www.italki.com/notebook/entry/155844.htm). After all, who wants their dark secrets to be exposed all over the net. Another thing is that money is also running behind the bill, since the copyright-related companies, Hollywood companies and Big Corporates from Trademarks (say Microsoft or so) are also at favour of this bill. But knowledge is what we will all be affected with, not having such an easy source as Wikipedia will be harmful and even there would be many others, it might be less frequent to find good sources for knowledge. And I do trust the information there is on Wikipedia btw. Cheers
It's always easy just to go straight to Wikipedia for our answers. One of our school's policies is that students must quote other sources in their essay/assignment bibliographies apart from Wikipedia, as not all of the entries are entirely correct.There are many other websites we can use.
think obamas bill threatens our country and has presented him self as a dictator for more examples condems china for sensoring internet and wanted to do the same in the usa which there is a word for that I think you know
Acho que isso é uma pura falta de relaxo do governo estadunidense, que pensa que pode controlar o mundo.
Adri
English, Portuguese