Ameneh
" am around " or " have around " It seems that both following sentences are correct. Could you please explain me? 1. When I have lots of friends around, ... 2. When I am around lots of friends, ...I have found both these sentences in my TOEFL book, but can't understand why the second sentence is correct!
18 de ene de 2012 16:50
6
1
Both are correct, and in fact the second sentence is more exact than the first. "When I am [where?] around lots of friends," "When I have lots of friends [where?] around (me)," - here, "me" is implied because the subject is "I".
18 de Enero de 2012
The correct answer depends on what the original question was. TOEFL can be very tricky. "When I AM around lots of friends, . . ." When I AM around lots of trees. When I AM around nature. The emphasis is on the "be" verb and your relationship, in this example, to the environment and how it makes you FEEL. "When I HAVE lots of friends around, . . ." When I HAVE lots of food in the freezer. When I HAVE lots of money in my wallet. The emphasis is on the word "have" and what you possess, and what you can DO with what you possess.
19 de Enero de 2012
I think it's " When i've a lot of friends around " not fully sure though...
18 de Enero de 2012
Ameneh
English, Persian (Farsi)