Liza
As far as I know we don't use plural when ... ... when talking about some curancy or some measurement unit, I mean after a number, e.g. 100 dollar, 100 rouble, 10 litre, 10 kilometre etc. Just want to make sure, if I'm not mistaken. Thank you.
2012年1月19日 18:20
24
0
We do use the plural Liza. 100 kilometres, 10 liters, 20 dollars. With the pound we do not use the plural if there is not a full pound, for example: £12.50 = twelve pound fifty I think with the dollar the "s" is still used, "twelve dollars fifty" but I'm not entirely sure.
2012年1月19日
We do use the plural. In the US, prices are usually said with "dollars" in the plural form. Ten dollars and fifty cents. In conversation, people will often omit "dollars" and just say ten fifty. There is an important exception: number + unit of measurement + noun. Here, the number and unit are a compound adjective. In these cases, we use the singular. For example: a twenty-dollar bill, a 10-hour flight, a five mile radius.
2012年1月19日
good question but I think it is right JOEJOE
2012年1月19日
@Julia: Quite possible that it was exactly like you've suggested.
2012年1月20日
Liza, maybe, long ago you just got confused about nouns 'hundred','thousand' etc? For example, 'two hundreds' instead of 'two hundred dollars' but 'hundreds of dollars.
2012年1月20日
Liza