Ness
Do you know an translation (englisch/german) for "La vendetta! from Luigi Carrer? My friend and I need to work with this poem, but we cant translate it. Can anybody help? Thank you, Ness
3
0
The translation in englih "The revenge" (I don't know if it is correct at all) There in the castle, on the river, a sad spirit dwells, which every years appears, painful image, the same night at the same hour, the night and the hour that it died. An ancient story narrates this. From me don't hope never in a kiss! Agnese self confident told to the count. Well you could take my life, since you have me as servant between these walls, so much the defenceless maiden dared. An ancient story narrates this. Dreaming often who helps her, from the window sees around the lake, and strikes up a melody with the lute which sweet inspires around sadness, while the faint day goes down, An ancient story narrates this. It is midnight, everything lies, behind the clouds a moon passes, a scream has been heard, a face brights, then any voice hasn't been heard more, also the face suddenly disappeared. An ancient story narrates this.What it was? It has been ignored, but gloomy climbs to the count in face a cruel calm, the silence went down on the large rooms, neither the afflicted voice of Agnese has been heard to sound in the sunset. Ancient story narrates this. Two unknown persons want to speak with the count; they enter and the last one close the door, they go out in short time transformed in face, they tighten the two swords with naked hands, an ancient story narrates this. Until where has the sharp point arrived? Carlo asked this to the german. It has arrived until the hearth of the dirty dishonest person, that I had the hand upset, where there was the nun, there he died. An ancient story narrates this. And now? Pay attention to the whisper of the bandits, but the close lake will be a safety, we will cross it without boat, he said and they were suddenly in the waves, the bold couple escaped. An ancient story narrates this. There in the castle, on the river, a sad spirit dwells, which every years appears, painful image, the same night at the same hour, the night and the hour that it
Hi Ness. I suggest that you try to translate it as best you can and post it then in the italki Notebook section. Then people will help correct your translation
Hi Ness, I am trying to search it in english but I have found the poem "the duchess" of Luigi Carrer, could it be useful also?
Ness
English, German, Italian, Korean