Keith075
Do people need to pay for anything in US if they are the victims of crime? Hey guys. I just had an argument with my friend. We want to know whether or not the government of united states will pay all the fees for the victims who  suffered from crime. For example,  Someone got robbed and hurt. He called 911 and then an ambulance took him to hospital. So does he have to pay for everything like the ambulance, medical fees etc? My opinion is it depends on the state laws.
4
0
In general, the government will not pay for the damages in crimes. Damages include stolen propery, hospital bills, emotional trauma, etc. The government will help you, however, if you become disabled for any reason, including crime. They will also help you to sue the person responsible to try to make them pay for the damages or return the equivalent of the stolen property.
Keith075
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Spanish
English, German, Spanish