Yenene Chung
help me this problem!! I have these sentences: "I forget the place which u come from" and "I forget the place where u come from".. Please tell me the true answer, thank u :) I think the first sentence is true but I'm not sure
20 janv. 2012 10:12
8
0
Both of your sentences are grammatically correct, although we don't use ''u" for ''you" in formal writing. Even though the grammar is correct, however, Americans usually use as few words as are necessary. There are a number of different ways to make that statement, I'd say, ''I forgot where you come from," or ''I forgot where you're from.'' "Forget" and ''forgot" would both be commonly heard in this type of statement.
20 janvier 2012
Actually they're both wrong. Sorry. The correct way to say it is, "I forgot where you come from." If I were the one to say it, I'd say, "I forgot where you're from."
20 janvier 2012
Oh well it'd say it's "I forget the place where u come from"....
20 janvier 2012
thank you^^ :)
20 janvier 2012
Please don't use "u" for "you" - it's not an acceptable habit in writing. Only the lazy write like that.
20 janvier 2012
Yenene Chung
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Korean, Vietnamese