Eisenrot
Japanese language question: "ささげられ" Greetings everyone! How do you do? :-) Sorry for jumping out of nowhere with a completely random question but could you clarify for me this one little thing if you don't mind? I decided to run the "Legend of Zelda" game for SNES and bumped into the following sentence: "6人のイケニエがささげられ.私がさいごの1人…" So, I guess the translation would be something like: "6 men were sacrificed (devoted to a sacrifice). I am the last one (alive)" But what questions me is the word "ささげられ".Could you tell me please what kind of grammatical notion it is? I think the original form of the word is "捧げられる" which is a passive form of "捧げる" (please, correct me if I am mistaken), but why does it end up so abruptly on "ささげられ"? Shouldn't it have been "ささげられた"? Maybe it is some colloquial way of speaking? Please, I am really curious, I hope you could help me out! :-) Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the trouble! -Leon.
20 de ene de 2012 15:57
2
0
捧げられ、 is right. It's a form of the verb 捧げる. It is used when a comma usually appears after the word and another sentence follows the verb, like the dialogue of the game. 捧げられた with no period works as an adjective. For example, 神に捧げられた食べもの (food devoted to God). For example; 殴られ(て)、 頭から血が出た。 He was punched by someone, and bled from the head. 殴られた頭 a punched head I hope my English will make sense.
24 de Enero de 2012
Eisenrot
Japanese, Other, Polish, Spanish
Japanese, Polish, Spanish