green_lightning
Hello! Please, explain me, what does mean phraseologism "sticks and stones"? Thanks in advance
2
0
Hello, My name is maris, which is really nice to get on this site, I took interest in you after reading your profile at (www.italki.com). (maris_1love@yahoo.com) I believe age and distance has nothing to do with love, so just drop me an email through my private e-mail address (maris_1love@yahoo.com), so that we can communicate better and I send you my images. Thank you. maris.
April 14, 2013
If someone hits you with a stick, it hurts you. If someone hits you with a stone, it hurts you. So, sticks and stones can hurt people. Bad, mean and cruel words can also hurt our feelings. So, sticks and stones are like bad, mean and cruel words. That's why we use a common expression when someone hurts us with their words: "Sticks and stones can hurt my bones, but words will never hurt me."
green_lightning