Elena
Where I use "kind of" and just "kind"? Ex¹: It's KIND OF hard not to. Ex²: I'm still KIND processing.Can I say "He is my sort of boy"? Or the only way of say it is "He is my kind of boy"?So it means that "I'm still KIND processing" is wrong if I wanna mean "somewhat". The right way is "I'm kind of processing".
5
0
Kind of (kinda) = meio, meio que, mais ou menos Kind = tipo ou gentil, bondoso She is a kind old lady. Ela é uma senhora muito bondosa. She is kind of upset. Elas está meio chateada. What's your favorite kind of music? Qual é o teu tipo de música preferido?
Can I say "He is my sort of boy"? Or the only way of say it is "He is my kind of boy"?
So it means that "I'm still KIND processing" is wrong if I wanna mean "somewhat". The right way is "I'm kind of processing".
kind means sort. you can say: I am/ this is/you are.... sort/kind of hard.... and in the way its: This/youre/that/my/our/.... kind/sort is hard. so, sort of/kind of means somewhat, a bit,.... a kind (of)/ a sort (of) means a species, a type
It is always "kind of", never "kind". "Sort of" means the same thing and is used in the same way.
Elena
English, French, Portuguese