Kobinata Reiko
chinese new year my friends in china told me the new year starts on 22, jan, but others 23.jan. I wonder what is the difference? 新年快乐 friends!!
6
0
22,January is the last day of this year, we call it new year eve, while 23,Jan is the first day of next year. we call it new year, Happy New Year!
The difference is that at 12:00 A.M., it is pretty much considered the night of January 22. January the 23 is simply later that morning. People that party usually thinks like that. In America, the new year starts on January 1st. But in the religious churches of America, new years can be in any month they can relate to their holy scriptures.
和圣诞节的圣诞夜是一个意思
Today is 除夕 in Chinese, and tomorrow will be 大年初一/正月初一. 除夕 means (the evening of) the last day of the lunar year, usually the 30th day of the last month (also called as 大年三十), or the 29th day if there is only 29 days in that month of that year (like this year). 正月初一 means the first day (初一) of the first month (正月). Therefore, tomorrow is the beginning of lunar year of 2012. あけまして、おめでとうございます。
Today is New Year's Eve,and after 24p.m. it is totaly a new year :2012. http://www.italki.com/answers/question/125159.htm
Kobinata Reiko
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean, Other
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean, Other