caiping
We need "finishative" as well as "initiative"。 We need "finishative" as well as "initiative"。 请问如何理解这句话?
4
0
OMG did someone really write this? OK, here's what happened... It's a play on words. The "-inish" from finish sounds like the beginning of "initiative". So the writer has invented a new word "finishative", to mean ending something proactively - much in the way "initiative" means to begin something proactively. I realise the writer is trying to sound clever, but the sentence sounds plain silly to me; like some marketing claptrap, or tacky slogan, that is supposed to convince me. You'll never need to use "finishative" in your life, so don't worry. ;)
我同意。我觉得使用 "finishative" 是浓墨重彩的。中法英文比标准的英语更有意思。
hello caiping, just to let you know that in English we donot have "finishative" in the dictionary, as for intitative, we do need this since this means the ability to act and make decisions on your own. I hope this helps.
caiping