koreannovice
A sonnet about nature ? hello everyone. can you help me by making a sonnet about nature? i was thinking about other themes for a sonnet and i end up to nature for the sonnet, it requires 14 lines and 10 syllables in each lines but if you think you can make a poem that cannot fit in a sonnet, you can make a free verse poem, but the free verse should contain at least 14 lines :) i'm really sorry for being demanding, but this can really help me maybe it should be original :)
3
0
The following English sonnet was written by William Shakespeare[ number 18.] Use it as a model Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date: Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And often is his gold complexion dimmed, And every fair from fair sometime declines, By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed: But thy eternal summer shall not fade, Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade, When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st, So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see, So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
Walt Whitman is the way to go. TO THE GARDEN, THE WORLD. To the garden, the world, anew ascending, Potent mates, daughters, sons, preluding, The love, the life of their bodies, meaning and being, Curious, here behold my resurrection, after slumber; The revolving cycles, in their wide sweep, having brought me again, Amorous, mature—all beautiful to me—all wondrous; My limbs, and the quivering fire that ever plays through them, for reasons, most wondrous; Existing, I peer and penetrate still, Content with the present—content with the past, By my side, or back of me, Eve following, Or in front, and I following her just the same.
koreannovice
Cebuano, English, Filipino (Tagalog), Japanese, Korean, Other, Spanish
English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish