Rohit
What do you do when you feel lonely? Lets say you're in different country and you are little bit shy and you do not know what to do? you do not have friends .you do not know neighbors.then How you are going to spend 1 year in this situation. Please reply and help me to cop with this situation. Thanks.
10
0
Firstly I wouldn't be shy and would start speaking with the different people just being myself:)And then I would try to discover the new place with my new friends.That would be the best thing so I could have good times there :)
That must be tough for you Rohit and it's not easy to think in another language. It is often emotionally exhausting. People have already given you some advice here, perhaps you can find out via the internet if there is a small group of people who live in your city and speak your language. Or you can put up a notice yourself in the window of a shop asking if anyone is interested in a weekly meeting in a cafe for a coffee and a chat. In the meantime, build on your English language skills and foster relationships with local people who can help you.
I think i would spend a lot of time on italki, chat with people from the country you're in on skype because it's less stressful; once you know something about the culture you willp be more comfy face to face iv think.
Having smily face all the time , say Hi to all you see , introduce yourself to who you met and try not to forget their names , I'm sure that you'll be welcomed all the time :)
It's hard to say, I've never been in this situation. If I were you, I'd read a lot of books, surf the net but I really wouldn't know what to do. Did you try to find any friends there?
Rohit
English, Gujarati