Felix
who can solve the problem for me~! I notice a huge number of snails taking a stroll on some of my prize plants. the sudden movement of the door made it sway slightly. don't le me be the last to know why the take need to add ing behind it. but sway and be don't need to be.
3
0
ing = tells you that the action is still taking place(continous tense) sway no ing becauce the action have stop.
The verbs make, have, and let can have the structure... (make, have, let) + object + base form The teacher made him stand in front of the class. She had the students memorize the verbs. She let the students go outside and play. Some perception verbs (notice, hear, see) + object + VERBing when the action is happening at the time of the perceiving. I heard her singing. We saw the man running down the street. I noticed the trees swaying in the wind.
Because those are the rules of English. Learn them!
Felix
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Other), English, Russian