JuanFlorez
What is the Difference between British English and American English about pronunciation?
7
1
Where to start.... There are so many differences, it would take more space than I have here. One difference is the pronunciation of 'been'. The British would pronounce it so it rhymes with 'seen'. Americans would say it so that it rhymes with 'bin'. For a full description of the differences, go to this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_pronunciation_differences
There are many regional differences within each country, but in general we say that British English is "non-rhotic" (final r sound is not pronounced) and American English is rhotic. Vowel sounds in American English tend to be longer. One big difference is the initial /t/ sound in a non-stressed syllable in American English sounds close to /d/, like in the words "city" or "batter". Such is not the case in British English.
I already know the difference but I wanted to ask anything! hahah
Good question Juan Florez.
JuanFlorez
English, French, Spanish