Alex
When "have" & "have" comes togather, or "have" & "had" too? I know that "have" and "had" has two functions but its difficult to distinguish them in sentence. Also its difficult to use "perfect time" insteed of "simple" or "countinuous". So could you explain this rules to me?
12
1
Your question isn't clear enough. You probably mean the present perfect and the past perfect tense. You know they are formed with the auxiliary verb (have & has) and the past participle form (PP) of the main verb. For example, I have had breakfast=I have eaten breakfast. If she had had more time, she could have finished the exam.
"I have had a dog for three years." I had a dog in the past. I have the same dog now. It is also used if you had something in the past that affects the present. "I have had Chinese food in the past." (You might consider having Chinese food now).
why don't you just read a grammar book? I found English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy very easy to understand when i was learning about perfect tense. The explanations an excercises there are so complete,more than anybody can provide you here. Happy studying!
I'm not understanding your question exactly. EXAMPLE: I have a computer. (present) I had a computer. (past) Whatever you were saying with perfect time, simple and continuous I don't understand.
Alex
English, Russian, Tajik, Uzbek