Diamond
What is the real wealth of a nation? We are going to study a lesson about the importance of good and proper education and I want to use this sentence to write an essay about the topic: The real wealth of a nation is.................... I found the sentence in a book for advanced students but I don't know how to complete it. Any idea?
9
0
Hello , I study Economics and I can say you to Adam Smith in this case , cause he has a book about wealth of nations. This book's main theme is economic growth.Smith used the term "the invisible hand" in this book , according to Smith: As every individual, therefore, endeavours as much as he can both to employ his capital in the support of domestic industry, and so to direct that industry that its produce may be of the greatest value; every individual necessarily labours to render the annual revenue of the society as great as he can. He generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. By preferring the support of domestic to that of foreign industry, he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other eases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. Nor is it always the worse for the society that it was no part of it. By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it. I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the public good. The Wealth of Nations was a precursor to the modern academic discipline of economics. In this and other works, Smith expounded how rational self-interest and competition can lead to economic prosperity. So i hope i could help you :) but you can read this book, it will be so great for you and for assignment ! :)
Anytime the word "real" is used in this context, the answer to the question is something unexpected. To write an essay, you need only three good ideas upon which to expound. Consider this: Thesis -- The real wealth of a nation lies in its tolerance toward different cultures. Point 1 - Tolerance is based on knowledge gained through education, Point 2 - A tolerant atmosphere attracts talented people from distant places, which further strengthens the country, Point 3 - On a shrinking planet, multi-culturalism can only thrive in a tolerant environment, and multi-culturalism is the future.
Economically speaking, the real wealth of a nation is the contributions of its people and nature. So it is the resources, services and domestically produced goods from a given country.
Maybe this could help you: The real wealth of a nation is a call to action. I wholeheartedly agree that it is not only politicians, businesses and financial institutions that must change, but rather each one of us must play a role in developing a more caring society.
I will try to say my personal though in base at your sentence: The real wealth in a nation should be to be welcoming with foreign people but first of all to your neighbour. Respect and to do a treasure of culture that our ancestores has leaved for us regards!
Diamond
Arabic, English, French