Meridith
what do some following pharses mean? Dad had taken me to pick them out because he said I was a good reader and it was important to take care of my eyes, they were the only ones I was going to get. Sometimes I stared straight up into the filaments until it hurt, then switched off the lights quickly so the night came out in floating spots. I don't get what the writer means. Espeically " they were the only ones I was going to get" part, and "so the night came out in floating spots". And in "until it hurt", what does 'it' refer? Sorry, my question is little bit confused.
6
0
so the night came out in floating spots "불을 꺼서 밤이 유유히 찾아들었다" 요런 뜻을 좀 문학적으로 표현한 것. 음... 불을 갑자기 딱 끄면, 전구에 밝은 빛이 살짝 남아있어서 마치 파도치는 거 처럼 보일때 있잖아요? 그런거 말하는 것 같네요... until it hurts "전구 불빛(필라멘트)가 내 시력을 떨어뜨릴때까지 처다봤다. 즉 전구 불빛을 눈이 아파서 잘 안보일 때까지 빤히 쳐다봤다." 이런 뜻 근데 이 텍스트 출처가 어디에요? 뭔가 비영어권 출신 사람이 좀 의도적으로 노력한 냄새가 나는데...(아님 죄송)
I thought "it" means "eyes" watch the filaments until your eyes get hurt. then turn off the light you can see floating spots(we can feel the same if we do so)
Meridith