yinchen
girls,plz be careful as we know,someone on italki looks for girls juest for sex,and i want to know,if u have been came cross these things?and what will u do when u meet this?and can u tell us some guys' name here?and why need to look for sex here?i really want to make friends not for sex..................
25
1
Why do you even care what other people want and do? Just ignore it.
This happens everywhere, If people here write inappropriate comments to you, go to the yellow flag and flag them [ report to italki]. Then click onto their profile and where you see the yellow flag, click onto it and block them. Then go to your settings under your own profile and make sure only friends can message you. I hope this helps.
Hi YinChen, If this is true it is a very sad use of the website. I believe you can report people and perhaps this is the best option for resolving such issues. Hope you find many useful language partners. Regards, Nick
Girls, please be careful! As we all know, some people on italki look for girls just for sex. Have you come across this? What did you do when you found this? If you find that this is happening, could you tell us the men's names here? Why do people need to look for sex here? I really want to make friends and not use this site as a means of finding people to have sex with. I think different people have different motives, someone was very nice to me until they realised they could not stay in my house if they came to England, some men look for sex, this woman was looking for accommodation, she never spoke to me again. Women look for sex in here too, I know of a woman in China who has explicit conversations with someone in here. (although I don't think it's right because she is married, and I think it's childish, "being naughty" - yawn.) But to answer your question, men come in here and in every place, hoping to find sex because God made them need to have it, and it's not as easy for men to get sex as it is for women, so they think of any way they can befriend someone and have sex. I think that anyone with any life experience will be able to tell the sincere people from the people who only want sexual activity. I've seen a lot of comments from men, such as, "hi you're beautiful!! I'm waiting for your message" (but in much worse English) and I think why waste your time? Which self respecting woman is going to talk to you? My advice would be to use your sense, don't trust people with phone numbers or meet people immediately, don't trust anyone who tells you to keep secrets, and anyone who asks personal questions should be treated with distrust, we're here to help each other with language, so if someone starts asking questions like, "so how many men have you slept with?" - report them and block them. Unless you want to take part in that conversation and then, "on your own head, be it." Also be wary of people who say they understand your problems and that they feel they've known you all of their lives etc, it's grooming. :) PS Any women who would like to have sex with me, don't bother I'm not interested, but you can bring me a nice sandwich if you like! (joke!) hehehe xx
It doesn't happen often on this site, but some people are just stupid. One way you can tell when a male requests you as a language partner is to look at his profile. If all his 'friends' are young females, then it's a almost sure he is 'cruising', as we say in the U.S. If you have made friends with a language partner and he turns out to be be interested in something else besides language, you can block him.
yinchen