stkroot
'strength family ties' and 'strengthen family ties', which one is correct? strength family ties strengthen family ties and 'family ties' equals 'family bonds', right? ---------------------------------- Even though my book print 'strength family ties', but I don't fine the verb form of this vocabulary in dictionary, strength instead of strengthen. ----------------------------------There is a bit of error, 'fine' is 'find'. I don't find the verb form of this vocabulary in dictionary, strength.
2
0
strengthen is correct but you could also speak of the strength of family ties. Yes, family ties and bonds are synonymous.
"strength" is a noun, whereas "strengthen" is a verb. So, in your case, it should be the latter, "strengthen family ties". And yes, "family ties" means "family bonds", which means the relationships between family members.
stkroot