John
Someone can explain the japanese grammar usage 1. このまえ、ドライブに行った時撮った夕日の写真です。 I come across above sentence, Both 行った and 撮った are verb in Past tense, As I know in Japanese grammar, if got 2 verbs, one of verb must put in the end of sentence, such as 夕日の写真を撮った. But WHY these 2 verb can be in past tense and put in the middle of sentence ? I need some explaination on this grammar structure.
30 jan 2012 03:09
6
0
Hi kpong88! This sentence mean, This is a sunset picture which I took it when I went for a drive before. That's why we can put the verb in the middle of the sentence. ex) これは、このまえ、本屋で見つけて買った本です。 This is a book which I found it in the book store and bought it. このまえ、友達と出かけて見た映画です。 This is a movie which I went to see it with my friend. Hope to help you with this explanations. 日本語の勉強、がんばっていますね!応援しています!
30 januari 2012
[これは] ((このまえ、ドライブに行った時撮った)) (夕日の) 写真です。 [This] is a picture (of sunset) ((which I took when I went to a drive the other day)). Do you see the construction? The predicate of this sentence is 写真です, not 撮った nor 行った. ((このまえ、ドライブに行った時撮った)) is just modifying 夕日の写真。
30 januari 2012
a supplementary explanation. "~te "form can be used for combination of 2 or more verb. ①normal form → ②past tense → ③te form miru mita mite deru deta dete dekakeru dekaketa dekakete taberu tabeta tabete nomu nonda nonde matu matta matte kaku kaita kaite   yomu yonda yonde この本は、このまえ、①見て、②読んで、③買ってもらって、本棚に④置いて、⑤片付けて、⑥置き忘れて、さっき⑦発見して、また[読んだ]本です。 In this sentence, I combined ⑦ verbs. But still this sentence is simple past that's why I used 読んだ for the last verb. So please remember, てform can combine some of the verbs. I hope this supplementary explanation can make you understand the teform structure more.
30 januari 2012
John
Japanese