Nahdiah
Liquor's Family, kinds of alcohol I read an article about liquor. Vodka, whiskey, bourbon, wine, and beer. Well, what's the difference? all I know they are kinds of alcohol. And one more thing, what is the difference between liquor, booze, hooch and beverage? I really don't understand because alcohol isn't a culture for my country. Thanks in advance
1
0
First the easy part. Alcoholic drinks are called booze, alcohol, liquor. If someone makes the drink at home, it is home-brew or hooch. Liquor is a euphemism. In fact it means liquid, but is used as alcohol or liquid flavoring for foods. Wine is a drink made from fermented grapes and sugar. Beer is made from malted and fermented barley and hops. Malted means sprout then roast the seeds. Hops are a kind of mushroom. Vodka is made from starch or sugar fermented in water. Most of the starch is potatoes. It is close to pure ethanol. Whiskey is a variety of drinks that also include the name bourbon. It is made from a variety of grains like wheat, barley, corn, and malted grains. It is then aged in barrels made of smoked wood. Aged means to store for some time, months or years of storage.
Nahdiah
English, French, Indonesian, Japanese
English, French, Japanese