Shelby
What do teachers expect from their students ? To get to know now about students, teachers often ask: " What do you expect from your teachers? " so we can say anything that we want from a teacher. For instance, what I expect from my English teacher is to have an interesting teaching method. I would be willing to answer what an interesting method is if you really want to know. But my topic today is an opposition, you know we-students can not make you-teachers satisfy if you do not tell us what to do. As I've seen students rarely ask their teachers what they expect from them ( properly they do not care ) but I do. So I would appreciate if you can tell me your opinions. Thank you in advance x
2012년 2월 2일 오후 3:14
6
1
As a teacher (of adult students, by the way), what I would wish from my students is a curious mind and a willingness to try something different. Also, the guts to speak up makes a world of difference. The times I find difficult include when the students sit and expect me to simply hand them English as if it were some physical object. Language is about communication and engagement, so I need some input from them (even if it's the most broken form of English) to really move anywhere. Really, I'm very happy to throw out a carefully-planned lesson if the students are interested in pulling apart and playing with another point of grammar, talking about a different topic, or dealing with any other part of English. Bring something to the table as well. I find the students who aim to be "perfectly correct" also struggle on other levels. If they can complete a written exercise perfectly and quickly at intermediate level, but can't respond to a question such as "So how was your weekend?", then there's a problem. Please, say something. Invent something if you can't think of anything. Say anything, just open your mouth, dammit. Some students who I teach at upper-level don't want to say anything. I also have beginner students who struggle with sentences, but who also joke, laugh and want more words and phrases to play with. Guess which group I prefer teaching? ;)
2012년 2월 2일
If I can't get adulation and reverent worship ( ;-) ), I'll gladly settle for attention, energy, enthusiasm and creativity. All of those are as much my responsibility as the students - mine to bring out in them and theirs to at least try to provide.
2012년 2월 2일
I am not a professional teacher though, I am always surprised by my daughter if she asks furthurmore questions hoping for more details or inspiring imaginition when we are learning together .
2012년 2월 2일
I'm not a teacher but I ever taught my junior. According to my experience, what I expect from them was understood what I'd taught and they could get more knowledge to be practiced
2012년 2월 2일
Creativity and freedom of mind are my great expectations
2012년 2월 2일
Shelby
Dutch, English, Spanish, Vietnamese
Dutch, English, Spanish