Fenton Benton 麻雀虽小,五脏俱全!
what do you think about my sentence?thanks He decided to run the risk again and was planning to wash his hands of the drug dealing after this and start his new life.
6
0
He decided to run the risk ONE LAST TIME, and was planning to wash his hands of the drug dealing BUSINESS after this and start A new life.
I would use 'but planned' instead of 'and was planning'. It sounds much better and makes perfect sense that he had already decided to stop after he took this last risk.
it makes me feel that he wash the blood off his hands:-)
Many thanks Peachey:-)
Hi Fenton, the idiom "to was one's hands of (something)" goes back to the story of Pontius Pilate in the Christian Bible. Pilate chose to have nothing to do with Jesus' situation and "washed his (Pilate's) hands of his (Jesus') blood." Using "off" really doesn't make sense. It makes me think the person's hands literally fall off from washing.
Fenton Benton 麻雀虽小,五脏俱全!