Community Web Version Now Available
Adrian Yang
How to express the surprised feeling when trying confirming something? Hi, there. I want to know the word or phrase in spoken English that describe well my surprise or unexpectness, when I heard about weird something and then tried confirming it? I know it as "莫非" in Chinse and as "まさか" in Japanese, but what in English? Thanks a lot, and have a nice weekend. Adrian
Feb 4, 2012 5:54 AM
Answers · 4
"What?!" " Seriously?!" "Oh, boy! Really?" Your tunes and your facial expression also help a lot while speaking.
February 4, 2012
It might depend on the context a little. I'm pretty sure "Really?" or "Seriously?" would work.
February 4, 2012
Adrian Yang
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese
Learning Language
English, Japanese