Yenene Chung
please help !!! Hi, everybody~ Can you tell me that this sentence is right or wrong ?? "I win a free" . A free here is acceptable or not? Thank you :)it's full sentence "You win a free, nontransferable ticket to a Sheryl Crow concert. Since the ticket is free, you decide to go."
10
0
Your sentence is incorrect... The following are correct "I won a free ticket" "I won something for free"
If you want to say that you won an item for free, and you don't care to specify what the item is, just that it was free, you could say "I won something." or "I won something for free."
"i win a free" is just a fragment.. now if you want to say you won something you can say "I won a free ____" if it's a free concert ticket then it should be "I won a free concert ticket".
Please write the sentence again so we can understand the context. It is too short, not enough information. if you want to say you won something you would say 'I won a free necklace' for example. Whenever you win something it is 'free' it doesn't cost anything so you don't have to use 'free'. Some people do but it isn't necessary.
Yenene Chung
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Korean, Vietnamese