Keith075
How to get more vocabularies? How do u get more vocabularies (especially SAT vocab)and remember them? I can always remember the words I just saw for couple minutes, then I will forget them:(
3
0
When you find a new word and it's meaning practice it by using it in new sentences with similar and different structures to the one you found it in. The more you use it the easier it is to remember.
First, "vocabulary" is uncountable; it's an unmeasured collection of countable words. "How does one enrich their vocabulary?" The basic answer is to USE the word. Write or copy a few sentences which use that word. If it seems similar to another word, then take a moment to work out the difference. Learn ABOUT the word. If it's a long word, how does it break down? Is any part related to other words? What comes into your head when you think of the word? What is the "feeling" of the word to you? Even if it's a silly image, you have more chance of remembering it that way. Yes, this may seem time-consuming, but it's far more guaranteed that you will remember the word this way instead of reading the definition and thinking you'll remember it.
Hello at first I think to memorize the words and the sentences in english or in any language, it's using pictures or relates them with something on your life, and also I don't think it's better to know the words or something else by translation well, I hope you good luck bye bye ~
Keith075
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Spanish
English, German, Spanish