Mitra
Bling is a word that is used by journalists to sum up the sort of celebrity obsessed means...
4 февр. 2012 г., 16:54
7
0
'Bling' is a slang term first used to describe gold jewelry, especially when it is showy and flashy. Now, bling has also become a verb, meaning to show off and attract attention, with or without flashy jewelry. In general, bling might be used to describe the aura of fame surrounding a celebrity.
4 февраля 2012 г.
Bling Bling haha if you answered my skype call I'd have told you! hehe . سلام چطوری؟ Ummm what do you call it when a word reflects the actions? Onomatopoeia? Like in the original Batman tv programs? "THWACK!! POW!!!". When light reflects from a highly reflective surface, say a diamond or some gold, the effect on the human eye is like "a bling" - so jewellery became "bling" (like sparkle) - "my bling" - then people would say, "it needs more bling" - "bling it up". But it refers to displays which are, I think, somewhat crass. There is wearing nice jewellery and there is walking around looking like a cheap Christmas tree, and funnily enough, Americans who are already known for replacing style and taste with larger amounts of things, coined the phrase. It comes from black culture, hip hop / rap. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bling-bling In linguistics terms, bling bling is an ideophone intended to evoke the "sound" of light hitting silver, platinum, or diamonds. It is not an onomatopoeia, because the act of jewelry shining does not make a sound. The form bling-bling is a case of reduplication. There you go, that's the second thing you've taught me :)
4 февраля 2012 г.
bling means Flashy cloths and expensive jewlery
6 февраля 2012 г.
Bling Bling as it was originally called was flashy and garish jewellery and accessories like cell phones and gold teeth, things that show wealth or the illusion of it. It is a word that originated from the African American culture in the late 1980's if I remember correctly maybe the early 90's.
4 февраля 2012 г.
Mitra
Azeri, English, French, Persian (Farsi)