Fungo
perche' si usa " non" Before I was sleeping , I listened to the radio. When I was tired , I turned the radio. So I want to express "( I listend to the radio until I feel a sleep)." Why the following translation has a "not"?? Ho ascoltato la radio fino a che non mi sono addormentato.
Time interval 1 ::= you are listening to the radio Time interval 2 ::= you are sleeping therefore time-int-1 = /fino a che/ not time-int-2 (complementary, null intersection intervals) If you say : /fino a quando/ the logic is different and you say: fino a quando mi sono ... Anyway people mix up these two ways, and we can understand if you place an extra /non/ or you drop it, we will always understand /complentary adjacent intervals/
You can also say "Ho ascoltato la radio finchè mi sono addormentato" but it sounds better "fino a che non mi sono addormentato"