Victory
Is it correct to use `dead` instead of `death`? For example: ` You cannot come back from the dead.` I have always thought that `the dead` are dead people but not the the death.Oops! It seems to be my own mistake! I wasn`t very attentive reading the text. Thank you for the explanation!
4
0
'The dead' is a collective noun, referring to everyone who has died and is used as an opposite to 'the living'. So the sense of movement implied is that you can go from 'the living' to 'the dead', but you cannot come back again!
You are right, "the dead" refers to people who passed away. However, that sentence is meaningful, as it means "You cannot resurrect/ become live again, once that you are one of those who are dead".
Yes, "the dead" means "those who are dead". "You cannot come back from the dead." (ie. once you have become one of them) "You cannot reverse death." "You cannot come back from the death" is nonsensical.
in the bible god will kill all sinners and people..they wait for there turn..for punishment
Victory
Belarusian, English, German, Russian
English, German