cccc5900
Is there a problem about singlism in looking for a job in your place? "In the interview I was directly asked by the owner of the company if I was single or married. I told him, I was single. He made it a point to acknowledge that the philosophy of the company was to hire married people. I was not offered a position although I had all the qualifications this is an obvious case of singlism." Does the owner thought unmarried people is less trushworth than married people? Or less patient? responsible? careful?... Tell me, please, that is kind of fresh to me! The topmost double quoted paragraph was selected from a page of my online dictionary that I oversaw.
4
0
I think that "singlsim" is a made up word that refers to the discrimination against single people. You are right , the company does prefer married people as they consider them more stable. However, that may not be the case. They are discriminating against you. Is there are government department you can complain to?
Having babies. Residence unsure.
cccc5900
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English
Chinese (Cantonese), English