Hyeyeon
What is 'Cod almighty'? Can it be used as exclamation?
4
0
It is "God almighty!" "Cod almighty" is playing with words as a joke. Yes, it is an exclamation of surprise and/or irritation. It has the same meaning as "My goodness!" or "That's enough!" "You're late! God almighty! I've been out here freezing for two hours!" "God almighty, you scared me! Don't sneak up behind me like that!" It should be noted here that saying "God almighty" is considered by the most conservative Christians as "taking the Lord's name in vain." However, I've never heard anyone get mad about this.
It's just a big fish.
And for the example: "God Almighty Himself could not have saved that cat - so I thought. Then it got up like nothing happened."
Actually, the expression is 'God almighty' and yes it is an exclamation. Some people use it when they are surprised or find something unbelievable or incredible. Some people use it to talk about how powerful their god is. A cod is a fish.
Hyeyeon