Matthew
In which THANKS What is 'in which' ?
2
0
It is another form of joining a modifier. I am talking about the film that John Travolta was in. I am talking about the film in which John Travolta played the main role. As you see, it tends to be used with more specific styles of modifiers. As you see, it tends to be used with sentences in which specific factors are made in a more clear manner. As you see, a modifier adds meaning to a subject or object.
"Which" is used to refer to something previously mentioned. For example, "I have to write a report by tomorrow for 'Crime and Punishment,' which I haven't even read yet." In this example, "which" is used to refer to the book "Crime and Punishment." So, "in which" means "in the previously mentioned noun." For example "'Crime and Punishment' is a book in which..." Basically means "In 'Crime and Punishment....'" Hope that helps.
Matthew
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English