Janice
SOS !!!two grammar questions~ I'm not sure which one I should choose and why...please give me a hand~~!!!thank you!!! 1、Playing basketball and volleball( ) what he likes most. A、is B、are C、was D、to be 2、( )vegetables will be sold in the market today. A.quantity of B.a plenty of C.a large number od D.a large amount of
2012년 2월 15일 오후 2:29
11
0
Plenty of vegetables would be the most natural. These 'are' is the correct answer. The auxiliary verb tense goes with the subject(s), not the verb. There is a silent word in the question statement... "Playing basketball and volleyball are what he likes most." actually means Playing basketball and playing volleyball are what he likes most. Good luck - I have my fingers crossed for you
2012년 2월 15일
1 is easy easy as Time after Time wrote - A is. 2 C but D not wrong. Jesse misread answers.
2012년 2월 15일
thank you,Time After Time!:-)
2012년 2월 16일
plenty of vegetables... is what he likes most
2012년 2월 15일
I'd choose IS because it's just one action "Playing" There are two objects but just one action and the second one it's difficult haha I'll wait for someone's answer
2012년 2월 15일
Janice