sniff the wrong underwear, and etc.
while reading John Grisham's "Firm", chapter 22, the phrases in the following dialogues puzzled me, need your help,
1. "It's easy work, unless you sniff the wrong underwear."
2. "You and I must agree that you will hand us the firm on a silver platter."
3. "We will find you a job, fix your nose, do anything you what."
4. "The mob never forgets. They're worse than elephants." (why elephants?)
5." The odds are in your favor.", "So I play the odds?"
6. "You either take the money and run, or you play big shot lawyer and bet that we never infiltrate. ""That's a hell of a choice. "("a hell of" means what here? )
7. "Any lawyer worth this salt knew the first offer had to be rejected."
8. "And if we close the gold mine and send all your Gucci-footed hotshots to jail?" (wearing Gucci shoes? rich people?)
9."For now, your time is up. Voyles is breathing down my neck, and things must happen quickly"
thanks a lot.