Moonlight4u
anothe mother and little girl, "who she" protectively moves behind her??? <They walk past another mother and little girl, who she protectively moves behind her as the Scavos walk past. Because this is the girl that is covered from head to foot in blue paint, Lynette looks shocked, she can’t believe what her boys did!> My questions in the context above are: 1. They walk past another mother and little girl, ~~ -> Should it (another mother and little girl) be considered as 'singular'? not 'plural?' If so, is it just because of 'another'? 2. They walk past another mother and little girl, who she protectively moves behind her as the Scavos walk past. -> I don't get clear that how can the word 'she' appear right after who? Is it possible? If so, what the word 'she' exactly stands for? Daughter? I'm really confusing about this. Please help me...
There is a way to read this where it makes scenes. WHO = The person that gets moved= daughter She = the person moving the who (moving the daughter) = The mother The mother is protectively moving the daughter behind herself The who is protectively moving the she
1. "Another mother and little girl" is singular because each would be singular if alone. 2.She should not be there. It works to say "They walk past another mother and little girl, who protectively moves behind her as the Scavos walk past." The sentence is not wrong technically at this point, but it would be better to specify who "who" is because it can end up being confusing if you don't.
Moonlight4u
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Khmer (Cambodian), Vietnamese