Donna
who can tell me what is the thinking pattern of the people in english speaking country? our english teacher told us that foreigners and our chinese have different thinking pattern.so if we do not master what is their thinking pattern,we can not learn english very well!
I don't believe English people have a different thinking pattern to Chinese, that would be silly. What I think your teacher means is the pattern of words is very different, and unfortunately this is true. There is no mystery to this, England is on the other side of the world to China and there are 1000 languages in between! The word order of English is completely different to German, and those two languages are very closely related. While I can perfectly understand your question, it is very easy to notice that it is not native English. Even though the words are correct, they are in an unusual order. The important thing to remember is the order of the words doesn't stop me from understanding. Nobody can tell you the pattern - it just means you need to carefully watch how native English speakers talk, and copy them. I know this is very boring, sorry :). If you watch enough English TV, eventually, you will notice that some things just 'sound right' because you have heard it said before. Don't forget though, most English speakers do not actually speak 'perfect' English either, we just talk the way we are most comfortable. So don't feel bad if you find it difficult.
我给你一个明确的答复以前, 要思考一下。虽然我 知道我想说是什么, 但翻成汉 语得化一段时间。等一会儿我快回来。
That's true. You need to learn their patterns instead of being so literal about it, just asking "what is it". So what's "Han thinking" like?