Learner
Writing a note Hi, friends! Can you give me some advice about writing a note, I mean it's structure, composition, startings, endings and so on? What is the main requirements for it? And the last question, how to prepare for writing a note? Thank you for your help!
6
0
What is your note about?
If it's a short letter about food to someone , the note could look something like this. Date Dear.............[ name of person], Just a quick note to tell you about a wonderful meal I had at XXXXX restaurant last night. [ Describe what you ate in 2-3 sentences] I look forward to catching up with you next week, Bye, [ write your first name]
Sometimes notes are not written in full sentences.. Get milk. For simple ideas this is fine. But sometimes people do this for more complex ideas, and do not realize there can be multiple meanings. Doctor call: appointment Tues. Call ahead. To the person that writes it, the information seems clear. But for anyone else, there is much missing. Why writ it at all? So my advice is to write in full sentences. Give information that the reader already has just so they are on track with way is being said: Dr. Benson Called. Your appointment is Tuesday. She needs you to talk to the secretary before Tuesday to see when you can come in. This only took a moment more, but it will actually help communicate needed information in a usable way.
Yes, I think something like this.
Do you mean a short letter to someone?
Learner
English, German, Lithuanian
English, German