Diamond
Are they correct? - I hate school but I know that it is the only way to achieve dreams. - Although I hate school, I know that it is the only way to achieve dreams. - I hate school. I know that it is the only way to achieve dreams, though. - I know that school is the only way to achieve dreams eventhough I hate it. Are the sentences correct? Are there other words / linkers that could be used to express contrast? Thank you!
3
0
Yep, they're all great. They're probably are other linkers to express contrast, but I can't be bothered to list them all.
- I hate school. However, I know that it is the only way to achieve dreams. [Don't start a sentence with 'but'] - Although I hate school, I know that it is the only way to achieve dreams. [best] - I hate school. I know that it is the only way to achieve dreams, though. [correct, but clumsy] - I know that school is the only way to achieve dreams, even though I hate it. [Needs a comma. Also 'it' may refer to school or achieving dreams.] Overall - it should be "achieve my dreams" or "achieve one's dreams"
Seems fdmaxey has given you some very good correction advice except I would suggest using 'dislike' or 'detest' to replace 'hate' as this is rather an extreme form. try this sometime:http://thesaurus.com
Diamond
Arabic, English, French