Ekk
How to ask someone to go to toilet? While I talked with my teacher today. I wanted to went to toilet and I asked her "I'd like to go to toilet. I will be right back in five minutes" I don't know is it polite or not. Please tell me how to ask this question in polite way.
5
3
I would like to have a bathroom break please. But your teacher would not be insulted with what you said.
There is such a thing as too much information. Just excuse yourself politely, saying you'll be right back. Your purpose should be obvious.
Next time just raise your hand and say, "May I be excused?" The teacher will understand. If you were at someone's house, you would say, "May I use your bathroom?" Australians say, " Can you show me where the loo is?" If you were at a restaurant you could say, "Where are your rest room/conveniences?"
You can say: "Please excuse me, I need to go to the restroom." This is a polite way of saying what is needed without too much information :) Hope this helps! :)
can I go to the restroom,please
Ekk
English, Thai