Euvin
Should/have to/need to You gotta go and study now. (I heared that ↑ this is used as spoken English) You have to go and study now. You should to go and study now. You'd better go and study now. You need to go and study now. Do all of these sentences have the same meaning? If I want to tell my friend that it's time to go and study now, Which sentence is the best to use? I mean, you know, are there any sentences sound like an order on this list?
2
0
These are all modals, and in this context they all mean the same thing. "Gotta' " is a short, slang version of "have got to" and has the same urgency as "need to" and "have to." "Should" is a bit less urgent or strong; it sounds like studying is a good idea, but not absolutely necessary right now.
You gotta go and study now. - Must study (I heared that ↑ this is used as spoken English) You have to go and study now. - Must study You should to go and study now. Should say: you should go study now. - Should study You'd better go and study now. - Should study You need to go and study now. Should study
Euvin
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin)