nozturk
They're exactly the same? "I never eat meat." and "I don't eat meat at all."
4
0
They have same meaning from different aspects. 'I never drink alcohol even at New Year's Eve.' 'I do not eat meat at all including chicken and fish.' 'Never' refers to time, 'at all' means 'in any way' or 'to any extent'. Nevertheless they are the same.
Big difference in subtlety. "I Never eat meat" means that from birth till now you have never tasted meat before. "I don't eat meat" means that sometime in your past you have eaten meat before but from that last time onwards to today, you have not touched any meat. The meaning from now onwards may mean the same but NOT in the past. Much information is lost if you don't learn the subtleties of the language.
I think althought they give the same imformation to the listener,but it's not exactly the same, maybe they have different emotional expression and will be use as an answer in different circumstance.
Yes, these sentences have the same meaning :)
nozturk
English, Turkish